Many of you who have tried installing AdventureWorks2008 sample database, might have come across with an issue, which after installing the database package (using the executable), 'AdventureWorks2008' is missing from the database list. This is not a bug in SQL server or any error in the installer.
In order to get the 'AdventureWorks2008' installed following should be fulfilled:
1. Full-text search should be installed and running
2. FILESTREAM should be enabled and running
- Go to SQL Server Configuration Manager
- Click on SQL Server Services (left pane)
- Right click on the correct SQL Server Service (if you have more than one instance)
- Select properties from the menu
- Go to FILESTREAM tab and check the ‘Enable FILESTREAM for Transact-SQL access’ check box.
- Apply changes.
And if you still don’t see it in your database list, please reinstall the package.